Red Wing is a beautiful historic rivertown nestled along the banks of the Mississippi River surrounded by towering limestone bluffs. Its historic downtown offers:
- Retail /antique shopping
- Theatre options “ Sheldon Theatre”
- Riverfront walking along the beautiful Mississippi
- Beautiful parks – both along the Mississippi and in neighborhoods
- Band shell for concerts in the park on Wednesdays in the Summer
- Tolley rides through our historical neighborhoods and building throughout town and along our beautiful riverfront.
- Red Wing is a Summertime destination stop for Riverboats (ex. Mississippi Queen)
- Red Wing hosts City wide Festivals: River City Days and Holiday Stroll.
- Home to the Cannon Valley Trail – 19.7 miles of rail line running along the Mississippi River for biking, walking/cross country skiing
- Home to two public golf courses: Red Wing Golf Club and Mississippi Golf Links
- Summer – Farmer’s Market
- Amtrack Empire Builder stops twice a day for pick-up of passengers traveling from Chicago to Seattle
- Many dining options
- Watercraft boating, t Boating on the Mississippi River and the back waters
- Bluff hiking and rock climbing on Memorial and Barns bluffs that outline Red Wing.
- Alternative transportation option – River City Transit /taxi.
- Minutes from Wisconsin – car ride across bridge.
Treasure Island Casino is 15 miles away.
We are located 55 minutes Southeast of Twin Cities.
There is always something to do along the beautiful Mississippi and in the historic Red Wing.